HOME > Admissions-Graduate School
- Graduate School Entrance Examinations
- Please refer to the Tokyo Metropolitan University Law School web site (Japanese) regarding the Law School entrance examinations.
The following is an explanation of the Department of Law and Politics (training of researchers) entrance examination.
- Goals of the Graduate School of Social Sciences and Characteristics of the Department of Law and Politics
- The goals of the master's courses of the Graduate School of
Law and Politics are to provide students with extensive knowledge of the
social sciences and to promote the development of the skills necessary
for those occupations, which require specialized research capabilities
in respective fields.
The goals of the doctoral courses of the Graduate School of
Law and Politics are to equip students with the ability to conduct research
activities as an independent researcher in their respective field of social
science, or to promote the development of the research capabilities students
may need to engage in other specialized activities on the basis of bountiful
knowledge that will serve as a foundation for these activities.
The Department of Law and Politics of the Graduate School of
Law and Politics is divided into the Division of Law and the Division of
Political Science. Each of the Divisions is equivalent to the Department
of Law and the Department of Political Science at other universities. The
aim of each Division is to train researchers and university professors
in the respective fields.
Therefore, for regular classes, we strictly adopt a small group system consisting of an average of two to four participants for each instructor. In addition, comprehensive seminars, in the format of study groups, are held once a month for each Field, and graduate students present their research to the teaching staff.
Please refer to the page referring to the educational contents of the Department of Law and Politics.
- Entrance Examination Schedule
- Please refer to the Japanese page regarding entrance examination schedule.
- Inquiries regarding Graduate School Entrance Examinations
- Contact the following for details of the entrance examinations for
the Department of Law and Politics of the Graduate School of Law and Politics.
- 1-1 Minami-Osawa, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo, Japan 192-0397