Faculty Entrance Examinations
The Goals and Admissions Policy of the Faculty of Law
Aiming to train specialists that will lead the development of Japan, we at the Faculty of Law teach and research cutting-edge developments in law and politics, while providing students with the advanced knowledge and applied skills suited for a bachelor's degree (Law).
In order to achieve our goal, the Faculty of Law provides education that develops the potential of each student.
We hope to welcome the following types of students.
- Students that wish to learn law and politics in order to solve the various problems of modern society;
- Students with the motivation to actively participate in socially significant activities;
- Students that wish to work on the front lines of the justice system, government, or corporations.
- If you need full text of our admisssions policy, please refer to the Tokyo Metropolitan University’s web site regarding entrance (Japanese) or our latest application guidelines.
Entrance and tuition fees
Main Career Paths following Graduation
The main career paths of graduates are as follows.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Justice, Finance, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, National Tax Agency, Patent Office, Court Clerk, Metropolitan Police Department, Saitama Prefectural Police
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Kanagawa Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Special wards of Tokyo, City of Yokohama, Ctity of sagamihara, City of Gotemba
- All Nippon Airways(ANA), American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus, Daido Life Insurance, Daiwa Securities Group, Electric Power Development, Haseko Corporation, INPEX, Japan Finance Corporation, JX Nippon Mining & Metals, Kinki Nippon Tourist, Nomura Securities, NS Solutions, NTT Comware, NYK Line, ORIX, Sumitomo Life Information Systems, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance,TOKYO Kiraboshi Financial Group, Toppan Printing, Toyota Motor, Yahoo Japan
- Tokyo Metropolitan University Law School, University of Tokyo School of Law, Waseda Law School, Hitotsubashi University Law School, Keio Law School etc.
Inquiries regarding Entrance Examinations for Undergraduates
This university conducts entrance examinations for the entire university.